Varme underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A mate phoned up tonight. He has installed this underfloor heating http://www.varme.co.uk/pdfs/Cable_kit.pdf & wants me to wire it for him. He has actually wired the supply to the themostat. (so I'll be checking that). From what I could gather he was saying, he says he has a black & a blue wires coming out the heater cable. Looking at the instructions where do you think these would go ?

What goes on the load side of the thermostat ? He says there is L, N & sense on the load side.

cheers

Sponsored Links
If you read the text of the info from that URL you gave it clearly says ...."Please see separate instructions for connection and operation of the digital thermostat."

I suggest you read those. It will be more reliable than us having to guess it....

Hi -

Its really easy to wire it up -

Take a supply to a switched fused spur, then you have a local means of isolation, make sure that the supply is on the RCD side of the board.

On the back of the stat you have numbers from 1-7, 1 & 5 are supply, 2 & 4 are load, 6 & 7 are for the floor sensor, number 3 is not used its marked F/P or something similer, that's used for home automation but doeant apply to your model of stat.

The black and blue from the cold tail have no polarity, so it does'nt matter which way around they go, but i do mine, with blue next to the blue neutral of the supply.

when you strip back the black insulation of the cold tail to expose the wires you will have the tinned earth braid, twist this together and put some earth sleeve on it and connect it to the cpc of the supply, if you using a dry wall box just use a 15A connecter block.

The stats are double insulated and therefore dont need an earth, but do make sure if its a bathroom it is located outside, and not in the room.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Havent even seen it yet, but that makes things very clear ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back