Wiring underfloor electric heating into thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have laid wired underfloor heating beneath tiles and as per the installation instructions wired the cables into a plug to test the circuit. all is well.

I now need to finalise the installation using the thermostat and probe.
The confusion I have is this - the underfloor cable has a Live, a Neutral and two Earth wires. The thermostat has connections for Live and Neutral coming in from the main plus Live and Neutral out to the floor. The (somewhat brief) instructions simply state that there is no requirement for an Earth to the thermostat.

My question is - What do I do with the Earth wires coming from the floor?

Should they be split away from the Live/Neutral that are going up to the thermostat and go into the junction box that has the Live/Neutraland a terminated Earth from the main?

Hopefully this makes sense and someone can assist.

Clive

Sponsored Links
The earth connection on the floor heating element MUST be connected to the supply earth.

Use a connection block to do this or the earth terminal if the stat has a back box with an earth facility.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back