wiring a thermostat in shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two heating tubes in my shed that are plugged into a socket. I have a Sunvic TLM2253 thermostat that I would like to use. I have seen how to wire it up for a central hearing system using 4 wires(live, switched live,neutral and earth) but I will have 6 wires live feed,neutral and earth and live,neutral and earth going to the tubes. how would this be wired up?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You won't have 6 when you install the thermostat, you'll have 9. Ignoring the earths which all get connected together and don't go through the thermostat that leaves 6:

1 x Neutral in.
1 x Permanent live in.
2 x Neutral out to heaters
2 x Switched live out to heaters.

Where will you be getting the supply to the thermostat from?

whats the total wattage of the tubes, also whats the total load for the stat?

Sponsored Links
That's the model he says he's using. I doubt that a couple of tubular heaters will exceed 16A.

assuming your shed is bigger than 6x8 ft and your heaters around 150w each you are unliklly to raise the temperature by more than 2 or 3 degrees abouve the external temperature

hes already using them, so i guess hes happy with the way they work.

hes already using them, so i guess hes happy with the way they work.

missed that bit lol to late then

i just think some off those adverts are misleading saying economical cheap to run and didn't want any body to fork out good money on a product that would disappoint them

assuming your shed is bigger than 6x8 ft and your heaters around 150w each you are unliklly to raise the temperature by more than 2 or 3 degrees abouve the external temperature

That's the idea. It's not meant to be warm, it's meant to not be freezing.

The two heaters are already linked to each other so there will be only the three wires from the feed and three from the heaters six in total.

The total watts of the heaters is 480w and it is the same as the one that was asked about.
Thanks

you may find this will not work for what want, not enough resistive load.

Sheddy,

Wire both your neutrals into pin 4
Wire your incoming live into pin 3
Wire the outgoing live to your heaters into pin 1

Connect both your earths to the earth pin if it has one, otherwise into a bit of connector block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back