Vauxhall Calibra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do they accelerate very quickly ? Did you say 'Not particularly ?'

Check it out

Reckon I could perhaps just beat that terminal velocity, by free falling, fully sfreamlined, for 8.14 secs... Cover less distance and I could stop far more quickly .... Definitely not be able to talk about it afterwards tho. ;) ;) :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
I don't reckon you could, I make it that with absolutely no drag, you hit just under 179 mph in 8.14, so even if you managed to fall nose first, I still reckon you'd be under the 174 mark.

I agree the "braking" would be pretty severe :LOL:

Ok, Ed .. But not ok .. Probably terminal velocity at lower altitudes would be, it is said, around 120 MPH.

BUT

My jump was gonna be from a world record 102,900 feet.

Wikipedia said:
Joseph W. Kittinger II (born July 27, 1928) was a pilot in the United States Air Force. He is remembered for his participation in Project Man High and Project Excelsior.
On August 16, 1960 he jumped from the Excelsior III at 102,800 feet (31,300 m). He was in freefall for 4½ minutes and it is claimed, broke the sound barrier before opening his parachute at 18,000 feet (5,500 m). He set records for highest balloon ascent, highest parachute jump, longest freefall and fastest speed by a man through the atmosphere.

I reckon I would be in with a shout from that height.

Enough nonsense .. A neat interview with The Man Kittinger here

;)

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
Ok, Ed .. But not ok .. Probably terminal velocity at lower altitudes would be, it is said, around 120 MPH.

BUT

My jump was gonna be from a world record 102,900 feet.

Wikipedia said:
Joseph W. Kittinger II (born July 27, 1928) was a pilot in the United States Air Force. He is remembered for his participation in Project Man High and Project Excelsior.
On August 16, 1960 he jumped from the Excelsior III at 102,800 feet (31,300 m). He was in freefall for 4½ minutes and it is claimed, broke the sound barrier before opening his parachute at 18,000 feet (5,500 m). He set records for highest balloon ascent, highest parachute jump, longest freefall and fastest speed by a man through the atmosphere.

I reckon I would be in with a shout from that height.

Enough nonsense .. A neat interview with The Man Kittinger here

;)

Still not in 8.14 seconds though ;)

Street legal? I think not, as the DVLA still haven't been informed that it's no longer a 2 litre:

ScreenHunter_011.jpg

Probably invalidates any insurance too...

Still, at least the tax is in date until October!

:D :D :D :D .... Plenty about, not as 'over the top' but modded without informing those who should know... Plenty of nutters on the road - on the odd occasion - ;)
I really cannot imagine that thing being driven on the road .. normally.

There is a serious side to this, in this day and age where people may be carrying a fair lump of equity in a home or whatever ... Could cost the lot in the event of a hefty claim ... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back