Vauxhall Corsa Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have acquired a 1995 5-door Vauxhall Corsa which has only done 50,000 odd miles.
Apart from a few minor repairs I notice that there do not appear to be any front 'side lights' (when I turn lights to first selection rear tail lights come on but no lights at front till I select headlamps) are there any??
Also speedo is not working. Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
there are sidelights at the front. If I remember they are on a bulbholder that comes off with a quarter turn from the main headlight unit. the speedo cable fits into the gearbox at the back of the box and is quite accessible from the top. Check the inner cable isn't broken.

Hi
Thanks for reply, just one further query, I need to replace a headlight that is broken.
I have a replacement but did not realise they have electric adjusters.
My replacement is a new pattern item and the headlamp part seems to rotate up and down. Is the motorised bit interchangeable or do I need to get a lamp unit with the motor already fitted.
Looks like I am going to have to invest in a Halfords manual.

Sponsored Links
The headlight adjuster should fit, you have to make sure that the ball end of the adjuster clicks into the headlight properly. If it dosn't fit take the headlight back. I bought one from the breakers for £15 this week, a lot cheaper than the main dealers or motor factors.
ps you will need to buy the white plactic block that holds the bottom of the headlight, they are usually knacked.
regards johnwr

Back