Vectra C hatchback - lock prob/gearbox prob/tow-bar query

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

Thought I'd get all my queries out of the way in one go.

1) The boot frequently fails to open and requires lots of attempts to make it work.

I've noticed that :

a) The retaining shackle in the boot moves a little and I intend to adjust and tighten that but am unsure how to get correct position.
b) There is no solenoid noise when boot "fails"

I had thought that b) might be due to the loose shackle exerting perhaps too little pressure on the closing-lever and thus the mechanism not working, but would you expect the solenoid not to work under these circumstances ?

2) Also need to buy a set of Torq sockets for this car. Can someone tell me if all the bolts are Torq right up the size range as the sets come in a wide variety of coverage.

3) The safety-catch for reverse sometimes doesn't work and I could select reverse in error. This seems to happen either when starting from cold or in first mile or so. Any ideas ?

4) Finally, is the car pre-drilled/tapped for tow-bar fitting ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Tighten the catch a little and let the boot lid line it up for you, by closing it. Reopen and tighten fully. No solenoid would point to a suspect switch, if you play with it does it activate the solenoid? Or a broken wire in the rubber boot going into the boot lid.
A cheap set of Torque bits will cover most of the fixings on the car. Maybe a 20 piece to start with.
If you take the gear lever all the way across to the opposite side does the reverse lock work? If so just get into the habit of doing so after selecting reverse
Tow bar not sure to be honest

Mursal

Thanks for the tip on the gear-lever movement. I tried it yesterday and it worked . Will adjust the boot lock when it is a bit warmer, although it seems to have stopped working altogether at the moment.

My manual doesn't give any help on manual methods to open it, do you know any ?

ch427

The set you mention is for Torx bits not Torx sockets, although there is room for confusion as it seems the sockets are often called "female-sockets ". Sealey don't seem to do those. Sets are E4 -E24, any ideas approx what sizes these represent in mm, so I can judge if I need that spread ?

Thanks both for your interest .

Sponsored Links
From the inside and you will have to do a fix. We find buying a cheap set of bits the best, as we can never follow the numbers on the side. Any mates with a set from Lidl or Aldi that you could get the lend of?

Back