Ventilation gap under summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have built a summerhouse/off (many posts about it of the course of the build).
I built it on 4x2 timbers sitting on paving/concrete "islands" with a membrane on. Fitted PIR insulation between the timbers.
The ground isnt level so the gap underneath ranges from 50mm through to 150mm.
The problem is it looks a bit ugly.
We intend to have 20mm gravel around the structure as I was thinking of putting some type of edging to contain the grave.

I have thought of a couple of ideas to try and neaten things up:

1) Put an extra run of cladding on the summerhouse so it drops the "fascia" down more to 20-25mm. I could then leave a small gap before fitting the edging.

2) Just putting higher edging and then some very shallow gravel up to the wire ( that covers the ventilation space)

Either way I now the gap should be 25mm but since the gap under the structure is min 50mm could I get away with the "access" gap being smaller? the gap at the back will be much bigger?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back