Venting sink/bath drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to run a 50mm length of 1st floor bathroom waste pipe across my extension ground floor ceiling (6m) then down the wall, before going through the wall and into the main drain.
There is no vertical 110mm waste pipe (soil stack) in the vicinity to tie into.

The attached picture shows the sort of thing I'm talking about.

My question is "do I need to add a vent to this pipe, going up into the attic?" If so, should I use one of those air admittance valves?

Instead of this, can I simply exit it out through a soffit / fascia, with no valve (like an overflow pipe)?

Does the fact that I'm using a 50mm pipe coming from a 40mm bath & sink waste mean that no vent is necessary (as the draining water will perhaps not "fill" the pipe, thus preventing a vacuum / siphon effect)

many thanks
Guy

Sponsored Links
Use an anti vac trap on the basin.

I don't like the length of pipe though and it may get blockages in the future if you dont file the burrs off the edges of the cut pipe. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back