Verisure alarm systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a quote from Verisure (and ADT) over the last few days.

ADT reviews aren't the best when you look online, where as Verisure seem to have better ratings.

Does anyone here have any experience of Verisure?

Sponsored Links
What type of equipment are they going to install?

What type of equipment are they going to install?

Portable 3G control panel (think this is the brains of the system)
Smart key reader
4 PIRs
7 shock sensor contacts for ground floor doors / windows
High power siren
Remote control keyfob
ZeroVision fog barrier

All police and security guard monitored.

OK I'm alleging the following, you can call them up yourself and ask them if they are NSI or as we are with the SSAIB the UK's biggest UKAS inspectorate, they will tell you that their monitoring station is NSI gold, you ask them are they accredited for installation they will say NO as they are not, all Police forces and insurance companies in the UK only accept SSAIB or NSI companies for installation fact. what will happen is when they install their wireless alarm system it send a signal to the ARC (alarm receiving centre) whereupon they will call the keyholder or not or call the Police or not after a confirmed alarm or not.

No I can do that for you being SSAIB and get you a URN (unique reference number) issued by your local police force with police response ONLY or “Billy the plumber” can do it for you for £20 a month or other, basically Billy can buy a Chinese alarm or other off ebay install it for you and it goes to Billy’s office where he has employed someone to look at the computer and see a confirmed alarm then they call the local police and say this is Billy here I have just seen a burglar in a shop can you send someone around? they will say ok we are a bit tied up at the moment will be in the next 10mis or so, but Billy will say ok in the mean time ill call my patrol officer to attend also, who by the way is 15 miles away and will take him 30 mins to attend or other.

My point is get a local NSI or SSAIB professional installing company to carry out your install, who has got a genuine 24 hour response, who can you a URN for immediate Police response.

I am an ex ADT installer and service chap set up my own alarm company years ago, we have Police to MOD contracts to domestic, if you’re going to install wire free (radio) then only install Pyronix or Texecom both made in the UK.

its 11 July 2018 on or about 18:00hrs I have just came of the phone to Verisure in London, the lady operator confirmed what I have just said about their monitoring and installation team not being a registered NSI or SSAIB company, she did not even understand about URN or other and asked me for my details so that an expert can come out and talk to me about sales, I said no I would like to stay on the line and talk about URN's she said "you cant stay on the line as other people would be trying to get in touch with them"!!!! I said no, I would like to speak to your manger she said NO I cant, as she is talking to someone!!!!! I then got cut off!!!!!so chap read between the lines.

Use Redcare or CSL talk to your installer about it.

And before Verisure send the manager.... I have recorded the whole conversation tonight for security and legal reasons.

BUY LOCAL........ www.ssaib.org www.nsi.org

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can see why small local alarm companies are promoting local firms and not these big companies.

The main cost in the alarm is the monitoring side. Can local smaller alarm companies offer the same services that Verisure do - I don’t think so.

Who do these local firms use to monitor the alarms?

Bells only alarms are useless, I have unfortunately found out the hard way.

Local registered firms that are NIS or SSAIB use registered monitoring stations and can offer the same service and products if not better then these cheap unregistered firms.
Be aware that you will not get police response with a URN and you have to be registered for that.
These cheap firms only can offer key holder response only.
In other words they will phone you neighbour or listed key holder only.

Hi I am alleging the following, just to clarify as said above YOU CANT GET A URN IF THE COMPANY IS NOT SSAIB OR NSI, SIMPLE.

this is our snip-it from the UK Police policy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APPENDIX H

POLICE ADVICE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
SEEKING INFORMATION ON SECURITY COMPANIES

To obtain information on companies who supply and install security systems such as Intruder Alarms / Personal Attack Alarms / CCTV systems etc., within your locality, we advise you contact the following Independent Inspectorate Bodies who will furnish you with the relevant details (the Police are not able to provide this information): -

NSI

(National Security Inspectorate ) Sentinel House, 5 Reform Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 8BY Tel: 01628 637512 Fax: 01628 773367 Email: [email protected] Website: www.nsi.org.uk

SSAIB (Security Systems & Alarm Inspection Board)

7-11 Earsdon Road, West Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear. NE25 9SX

Tel: 0191 296 3242 Fax: 0191 296 2667 E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.ssaib.org

Independent Inspectorates are not-for-profit approval bodies who carry out inspection services for the security industry and protect customer interests. They themselves are governed by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service), the sole accreditation service recognised by the Government.

Please note - if you are also planning to invest in the type of security system that would receive automatic police response to its alarm activations, then only security companies ‘Approved’ by an Independent Inspectorate Body and who are Listed with the Police Force in your locality are permitted to offer this service.

Once you have obtained details from an Independent Inspectorate Body of ‘Approved’ security companies, who install security systems in your locality to the required European/British Standards, compliant with the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) Police Response to Security Systems Policy, we advise: -

(a) Before disclosing personal security details, check the address and credentials of the company and proof of identify from their representative.

(b) You obtain written quotations from at least two security companies.

(c) Ask if the security company representative can provide you with a list of police rules for occupiers of ‘monitored’ alarmed premises and also written confirmation that they are currently registered with the Police Force in your area, for the transmission of alarm activations from new installations?

(d) You ensure that the quotation specifies that the installation will be to European/British Standards for that relevant security system. Also, does it include the terms of maintenance and monitoring contracts?

(e) Does the company operate a 24-hour call-out service and emergency attendance within four hours?

(f) Is the installation of a security system a requirement of my insurance company and if so, is the security company acceptable to my insurer?

PLEASE NOTE - When investing in Security Systems for your home or business it’s not advisable to deal with Cold Callers or telesales enquiries – you should avoid doing doorstep or telephone business. Many Traders who call at your door are honest and genuine; however, some are not and can be extremely persuasive. Examples of bad practices associated with cold-calling and door-step selling include - pressure selling, unclear contracts, over priced security systems and unduly raising the fear of crime. If members of the public have serious doubts about the legality or sales techniques being employed by this type of Security Company, they should contact the Police or Trading Standards for advice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe we offer a more personal service, our prices are cheaper, and we use NSI or SSAIB monitoring stations.

You can only get a URN if you are with the NSI or SSAIB, no matter what people say.

I or you could set up a monitoring station COST THOUSANDS OF POUNDS MIND YOU! and I or you can tell everyone that, whoever we are registered with as an example, "we are NSI" that would be correct as their office/monitoring station is, however, the installation would not be, simple.

Another issue read all your documents as there are some companies out there that own your monitoring chip/STU or communicator and if you leave their or break their contract, they as I have done in the past for big security companies working as an engineer, returned to site leave the alarm system and just take out the coms unit!!!

We as independent installers can use over 33 registered monitoring stations across the UK we use Aim Monitoring which is part of ADT Tyco
We offer a time time cost and we never ask you to take out monthly payments as an example lets just say your paying for monitoring to a company and the price is £25:00p mer month = £300.00p per year, ours would be £110.00p per year = 1 x payment up front!....... see where Im going?

My advice is use a local installation company NSI or SSAIB the are accepted by all Police forces in UK and insurance companies.

Have a great day.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back