Veritas Alarm, Unset LED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have inherited a Veritas alarm, installed about 5 years ago.

The master control box has it's own feed off of the electrical CU in the house which is switched on.

When we moved in, I believe that the Unset LED on the keypad was constantly lit. Since doing some work on the electrics in my loft, I have noticed that the LED isn't constantly lit.

The keypad backlights are on when I open the flap, and I am able to set and unset the system ok. The LED itself works because it appears when I unset the system (but then goes off)

2 questions:
Should the unset LED be on constantly (when unset)? or was I imagining things.

Does it actually need it's own power supply- if not then I doubt the wire I disconnected is related to this. (I have reconnected the wire but still no LED)

TIA

Paul

Sponsored Links
, I believe that

Go check, and post back!

The keypad backlights are on when I open the flap, and I am able to set and unset the system ok. The LED itself works because it appears when I unset the system (but then goes off)

They can be programmed to do this, its an engineering function, so unless you have the engineering code, you can't change it, unless you default it.

Just a note, its not flashing is it? That indicates a power fault with either battery or mains. You did say...

Since doing some work on the electrics in my loft, I have noticed that the LED isn't constantly lit

Well I can't check for sure that the light used to be constantly on. I'm pretty sure it was though.

It isn't flashing, so I suppose that is encouraging.

I shall leave it alone.

Sponsored Links
Well I can't check for sure that the light used to be constantly on. I'm pretty sure it was though.

It isn't flashing, so I suppose that is encouraging.

I shall leave it alone.

If it still works, then leave it alone. Do a bell and walk test as described in the user manual, to be on the safe side. It should highlight any obvious problems.

Seems weired that it has changed on its own, but hey ho, it still works!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back