on side of it.
Timer/ on off switch with for central heating and hot
water
Downstairs boiler in garage

Problem - hot water goes cold after a couple of minutes

Additional info - have tried adjusting thermostat on tank
tank seems full of hot water

Sponsored Links
Can you run some hot water off until it goes cold, then check the outlet from the top of the hot water cylinder. Is this still hot or has it become cold?

Thanks for your reply, sorry I didnt get back sooner, but ive snapped my achilles tendon, not trying to fix the hot water I may add.
I did what you said and the short pipe between the valve and the tee is hot, as soon as I run the hot water it goes cold (as does the hot water) after a couple of minutes. When i leave for the same amount of time the pipe goes back to hot?
thanks

Alan

I take it its an open vanted cylinder , ??? go into the loft , cold tank supplying the cylinder ?? is the vent pipe from the cylinder below the water level ????? in which case every time u open the tap water is syphoning straight down the vent pipe ?????? when the water level has dropped then u will get h.w , so on & so forth !!! if so shorten or re-fix vent pipe ????

Sponsored Links
Its not making much sense!

Can you take and post a photo?

Particularly of the pipework and "bits" around this tank.

Tony

It seems to be a thermal store.

However, there is a blending valve on the DHW output. I expect this is jammed/failed.

Tony

It seems to be a thermal store.

However, there is a blending valve on the DHW output. I expect this is jammed/failed.

Tony

It is indeed a thermal store and I agree the blender has probably failed but first take the lid off and check that the level in the tank is ok and the ball valve is ok, dont worry if the ball valve does not seem to let a lot of water in when opened as it is just to make up water lost due to evaporation, as long as there is water in the tank it should be be fine,if so then the blending valve is at fault

Matt

:D I understand you seeking a 2nd opinion, but I did tell you it was the blending valve on the other site - This is a thermostatic blender and it's knackered

I do wish people would not ask the same question on different sites.

It just wastes our time and clogs up the sites with the same questions.

Tony

Hey look thanks for everyones help, I have posted this on another site
but it was on it for weeks with nunerous views but no replies. This site my problem had a response within a day or 2. Thanks again.

Anyway, this blending valve isit a case of replacing it or trying to service it or what. The water is right up at the top of the tank and its hot, how do you drain it? What do I turn off to remove the valve etc

cheers

My wife has left me. Took my Bob Marley collection and the satellite dish. Totally gutted... No woman, no Sky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back