Very small drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Helllo Everyone

My friend has just installed a new radiator. There is a small drop from one of the joints just before the radiator connection. It is a major effort to drain the system, and actually the radiator in question is below the main drain for the system so I do not know if it will empty.

Currently there is a cup catching the drips, and every couple of days its emptied :D

I suggested the Fernox F4 leak sealer as a start before going to all the effort and mess over new carpets to drain the system. Anyone got any advice? I am right in thinking that the radiators would need drained before any soldier can be reapplied?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if he can isolate the leaking part by closing the valves at each end of the radiator, do that. Then drain that rad by loosing the unions, take it off, do it again properly.

Is it a threaded joint, a compression, a union, or the screw-in tail that's leaking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back