VESDA VLP-012 erratic readings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a VESDA VLP-012, which has been installed for some time. It generally reads between 0.02 and 0.03. For the last couple of days it's been somewhat erratic, with the reading oscillating between 0.13 and 0.29. Around the same time, the filter came up for replacement. I've replaced the filter but that made no difference. I've also given it a power cycle but it reads the same when it restarts. Standing and watching the display it jumps between around 0.13 and 0.21, occasionally getting up to 0.29. I've had a look around around the building and can't see anything that might be causing the issue. Is it likely a sensor issue or an environment issue. I wonder perhaps if there's some contamination in the sensor chamber? Is it possible to clean it? Perhaps someone who is more knowledgeable than I could advise?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back