Viessman Vitola 100 / Calora 055 Oil/Gas Broiler Fault 1d1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've recently moved to Germany and I am having problems with my broiler. I have a Viessman Vitola 100 with a Calora 055 control unit. I just filled my oil tanks up and I am recieving a "1d1" fault on the LCD display when I power up the unit.

When I power up the unit, I get a green light for the power operation. The LCD screen shows hash marks rotating around the screen and it sounds like the burner is attempting to ignite. The unit makes a humming noise for about 2 minutes. Then the green light goes out and a red light just to the left of it shows. The LCD readout then shows "1 d1" flashing. I hit the "OK" button and the fault message goes away. Then the broiler stops making any noise.... Which seems to me like it's not working.

In the manual that was taped to the side of the broiler it says it's a "Burner" fault of some sort. It's hard to understand because it's all in Germany :(

I've never had to deal with an oil broiler like this before, I am from New York and we have natural Gas for our heat.... Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This is a UK based advice forum.

It sounds as if your broiler is not igniting. That would usually have similar causes to any oil broiler but it does not sound as if you have oil broiler diagnostic skills or test equipment.

There is a technical employee of UK Viessmann who sometimes gives advice on this forum but I dont think that model is usually sold in the UK.

Perhaps he will be able to make some suggestions but I think that you are going to have to call a local oil broiler technician.

Tony

Is it a "Broiler" ie A Grill, Or a Heating "Boiler"

I have never seen an oil fired grill. :confused:

The Vitola 100 is an oil boiler!

But the OP prefers to call it a "broiler" for some reason so I retained his name for it in my reply to avoid confusing him further!

Sponsored Links
If you ran out of oil the fuel line will probably need purging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back