Viessmann 100, F4 fault on warm days (in USA)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a problem with my Viessmann Vitodens 100 WB1B-26 boiler. It has had this problem since it was installed (Dec 2012), but is worse this year due to the very warm winter in my area. The problem goes like this. From midnight to 10 AM, the boiler works fine. But when the outside temperature gets up to 45-50 deg F, heat is not needed since the house is warm so the boiler stays off and cools down. Then about 7 PM after the sun goes down, the outside temp is colder, and the boiler should turn on, but the F4 fault occurs instead. Once a day in the evening, I reset the boiler (power off then on), the boiler whines for a few seconds then stops, there is a thump, and the boiler turns on. Everything is fine for the rest of the evening and morning of the next day. Then at 7 PM, it goes thru the cycle again.

During the winter months when the boiler never gets cold, everything works great.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks Ron

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back