Viessmann boiler with weather compensator.

Sponsored Links
Oh be honest FFS its not worth the hassle just stick a normal control system in. Far easier to use and understand so will save you money instead of complicated sh#te you wont be able to set up

I am beginning to think that you may well be correct!

Weather compensation is very worthwhile!

It enables the flow temperature to be the lowest that will provide the required heat and thus enables the boiler to be in condensing mode for more of the time.

I do have to say that I often have concerns relating to the non measurement of the inside temperature.

On simple boilers I actually fit an inside and an outside sensor and let the boiler respond to both according to a proportion that I set.

Tony

Weather compensation is very worthwhile!

It enables the flow temperature to be the lowest that will provide the required heat and thus enables the boiler to be in condensing mode for more of the time.

I do have to say that I often have concerns relating to the non measurement of the inside temperature.

On simple boilers I actually fit an inside and an outside sensor and let the boiler respond to both according to a proportion that I set.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I've just come off the phone with Viessmann technical dept., ( for the third time) and as always , they are very helpful. He pointed out that if I wish to have localised control (i.e. roomstat), I can fit a Vitotrol 300 stat. So while earlier conversations with them didn't mention them, it seems that they offer this to satisfy doubters (such as me). However the guy I spoke with today has the system in his own house with WC and no stat, and says it works perfectly and very efficiently once it is set up prperly, and is more efficient without the stat.[/u]

Sponsored Links
But the drawback is that if you go away for the weekend you have to go the your garage to fiddle with the time settings.

A simple £20 dial thermostat would enable you to just flick it down when you go out or go away.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

Tony

But the drawback is that if you go away for the weekend you have to go the your garage to fiddle with the time settings.

A simple £20 dial thermostat would enable you to just flick it down when you go out or go away.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

Tony

Boiler is handy on exit, so no problem there.

In most families there is only one person who understands how to program a digital time related controller.

I also find them annoyingly tedious and as I discovered recently they are very easy for tenants to lock up because they dont understand the instructions.

Tony

In most families there is only one person who understands how to program a digital time related controller.

I also find them annoyingly tedious and as I discovered recently they are very easy for tenants to lock up because they dont understand the instructions.

Tony
The great advantage of a programmable roomstat is that you can set a Maximum temperature, thus preventing the wife from Cranking It Up to sauna levels in your absence ;)

But it also means the wife does not turn the heating off when she goes out to work/shopping/hairdresser/school runs etc.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back