Viessmann Vitodens 100W hot water running hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can shed some light on an issue that i am having with my boiler. The hot water is running hot then cold back to hot and cold again etc. I have looked at the display on the boiler while the water is running. When the water is running, on the small screen a tap symbol appears and below that a flame appears with 5 bars, there is also a temp reading. The temp rises to about 80c then the flame symbol goes out but the tap symbol still shows.

Any ideas on what the fault could be? the boiler is just over 3 years old, central heating appears to be fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be a faulty thermistor allowing the water temperature to go too high, then the boiler shuts down, so the water gets cold. Call an engineer I'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply, could anything else cause this problem? I've recently had the heat plate exchanger cleaned, could it be a fault relating to that?

Thanks for the reply, could anything else cause this problem? I've recently had the heat plate exchanger cleaned, could it be a fault relating to that?
Probably didn't clip the dhw output temp sensor back properly, as per doggits post. So it can't regulate the output temperature

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back