Virgin media adverts on the site - slows down browser scroll

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone finding that the virgin media shockwave adverts to the top and right of the page, really slows down scrolling performance? My PC is no slouch, quad core, masses of memory, dedicated gfx card etc, and I'm using updated Firefox with updated shockwave player but when scrolling a page while that advert is visible is really laggy.

It seems to be only pages with the Virgin media fast broadband advert, the calligaris one is fine... is this a way Virgin are using to frustrate people into buying fibre broadband when in fact it's nothing to do with the link speed just buggy shockwave?!!!

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
The site uses AdSense (or similar). If you don't want to see Virgin Media adverts stop browsing/searching for them! Also clear your browser cache and cookies.

My cookies are disabled such that adsense doesn't know what I search for (I don't search for broadband services as I'm happy with IDNet). So, it must default to this somehow. Do you see these Virgin broadband adverts, and do they slow down your browser scrolling?

Nozzle

Nope, mine are about sheds. I recently bought a shed.

Sponsored Links
Nozzle,

Not seen any Virgin adverts and no issues with scrolling.

I am using Firefox.

Just FYI as you asked.

B

Back