Visit M''urica

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

My old mate lives in Maine. He's getting married later this year and invited me to be there.
I watch a lot of these drug busting tv programmes in airports and people being refused admission because of a criminal past.

I am now 48 (49 next month) and i do 'have a past'

Court and convictions:

1990 ABH (conditional)
1992 Theft (shops and stalls) £145
1993 Criminal damage £89
1995 Fraud and deception £100
2019 Assault by beating £135

Can I get a visa? For the life of me, rather that call an airport there (embassy is just visit website) get an answer. I can imagine turning up there, detained on the next plane back.

I'm sure one of you clever folks may know. Thanks in advance. Dan.

Sponsored Links
As long as you don't have a drugs rap you should be fine.
Check the fine print.

I never actually made it to the US for complicated reasons, but I nearly did and at the time had a record for a very similar theft offence. It was only a caution recorded in 2014 and expired in 2020.

Your cautions and convictions from the 1990s won't be on your record anymore. They only stay on there for 7 years and 11 years respectively.

EDIT -- meant to say I did get a visa, but never went to the US.

Last edited:
I have a conviction too, it is a problem for me when I want to go there.
I have to get a visa. You can check to see if you need a visa here (I think)

Sponsored Links
Oh okay didn't know spent convictions that long ago were considered. Anyway I did get mine with an active theft caution.

****e, i have a lot of cautions. My worst 'indecent exposure' lol. Me and mate running from pub to mcdonalds with our pants down. Loser pays for the bigmac. i won, he fell and smashed his face, Got swore at by someone "pull your phuicking pants up" shouted back "phuck off". It was the police. No, it was engrossing indecent publicity. Never anything with drugs. I did admin they were mine for a friend. They said we know you are lying. NFA on that.

I like how you asking DiyNot before actually applying for a visa.

****e, i have a lot of cautions. My worst 'indecent exposure' lol. Me and mate running from pub to mcdonalds with our pants down. Loser pays for the bigmac. i won, he fell and smashed his face, Got swore at by someone "pull your phuicking pants up" shouted back "phuck off". It was the police. No, it was engrossing indecent publicity. Never anything with drugs. I did admin they were mine for a friend. They said we know you are lying. NFA on that.
before you book anything you need to check on USA website and apply they will tell you if you need to proceed to visa and not just the standard esta . American customs agents do not fek about and very strict and everything about you comes straight up on their screens with various convictions flagged straight away for no admittance

Sponsored Links
Back