Visonic Powermax Complete GSM Module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I have a Visonic Powermax Complete alarm that is not connected to a phone line. I have just bought a used GSM Module from eBay and am fairly confident I can fit and programme it myself as I programmed the alarm myself from scratch. The only thing I'm unsure about f is the SIM card. It doesn't say anywhere in the manual whether or not it has to be a certain type of SIM card. I assumed it would be some sort of special one that I'd have to get from Visonic but I can't find anything like that so maybe not. Is it just a case of getting a standard SIM card from somewhere and using that? Also, maybe a stupid question, but would it have to be topped up with credit so that it can send a text?
Thanks as always

Sponsored Links
if its for the App, then a data sim, if its for gsm functionality only then a pay as you go should be fine.

size will depend on what the module takes, but nowadays sims come with pop outs, so you just pop out the right size.

add sim and gsm module whilst powered down.

Thanks for your reply. Just waiting on the module to turn up and then I'll have a go at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back