Visonic Powermax - max distance for PIR?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Visonic Powermax home alarm and want to put a wireless PIR down the garden, the distance from the control panel is:

9m indoors (through one door opening thats always open)
+
15m straight down the garden

Is this possible? or could the distance throw up problems please?

I want to house a wireless pet-friendly PIR (to avoid detecting animals) in a small birdbox (with the front removed), its North facing and very well sheltered from the elements and is never in direct sunlight. Could this work?

Sponsored Links
you want to do internal and external with pir?

the practice is internal one detector external one detector, external detectors usually have a larger range dont know what external wireless detectors they have available if any.

I would expect a Tower 20 to work fine for you, try using your remote and if that works I would expect Pir to work too

I would expect a Tower 20 to work fine for you, try using your remote and if that works I would expect Pir to work too

Thanks lums
I did look at the Tower 20, was impressed with the spec (I'm not too clued up on alarms though, but it sounded impressive) but was a bit put off by the price, so wasnt sure if an internal PIR (pet-friendly so doesnt pick up cats etc) hidden in a cut out bird-box would do a similar job? I know not ideal...

Th garden is about 15m deep and 15m wide total area, pretty square and open space.

Sponsored Links
Why do you think internal and external detectors are made?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back