Wireless Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I'm looking at installing a new wireless home alarm with 6 zones (4 PIRS, 2 door contacts).

The two I have read most about are 'Pyronix Enforcer' and 'Visonic PowerMax'.

I have also asked local installer and most local installers would prefer Visonic. I know on spec Pyronix is two way system and Visonic Power Max is only 1 way. Which kind of makes Pyronix and better DIY alarm to install.

One installer told me that Pyronix Enforcer is not very reliable compared to Visonic. Not sure if this is true?

Could any one advise me on which is a better DIY alarm to install and if Visonic is really more reliable and better build quality then the Pyronix Enforcer?

Sponsored Links
A one way system cannot , when setting the alarm, poll the sensors to check that all protected doors are closed and the sensor is responsive.

There are several oter reasons for avoiding systems using one way communication.

Please share what the others reason are not to buy a 1 way system.

Company i work for used visonic power max on a large scale and lets put it this way they are a pile of s*it that constantly give repeted callouts. Plus I live on a new housing development where the show house has a power max, sodding thing has false alarmed 5 times in a year that i know of.

We now fit the Pyronix enforcer which is miles better & ideal for a DIY install as very simple to programme. Most common issues have been sorted although I would avoid the shock sensors these are unreliable.

The best imo would be the Texecom Ricochet system, these are true professional systems. More complex to program & has some quirks that can catch you out whist installing. Great App coming soon!

Sponsored Links
Please share what the others reason are not to buy a 1 way system.

They are crap... sensors talk to panel all the time therefore running batterys low quicker, two way allows panel to 'wake up' detectors. One of many reasons.

Pyronix sounds like a good dıyi system to go for. Now have to decided on PSTN/ GSM or Home control

I'd recommend getting a seperate keypad, so you can hide the main panel away somewhere although you'd need to run a cable for this. There is a wireless keypad but not used one yet & it dont sound great.

Thanks I will do. Is map security a good place to buy it from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back