GSM Wireless Alarm Advice - Pyronix / Visonic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at fitting a new alarm to my home and looking at either a Pyronix or Visonic, preferably with a GSM module, as i don't always have broadband/landline.

Is there a great difference in quality between these two brands?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
OK these alarms go head to head......PYR is easier to fit, its also made in UK.

PYR actually do a designated GSM kit

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone one here will be able to clarify (or shoot me down in flames if I'm completely wrong) as I am no expert like most people on here, but as I understand it you can also get a GSM auto dialler as an addition to what ever alarm you choose, which monitors the bell and alarm status. If the alarm is triggered it sends out SMS/calls you. Seemed like a good cheap option if the wifi/broadband goes down.

Something like this perhaps...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GSM-Auto-...hash=item33cd705e60:m:mUh22L3vVHCR7jZhxkKTbsQ

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Only problem with aftermarket Gsm units is .you only get a alarm text , the dedicated unit for your alarm gives much more information ..e.g. Front door ! , hallway ! Bell tamper and so on..

Sponsored Links
ahh..thats useful to know thanks. A good reason to pay a little more for the GSM unit.

ahh..thats useful to know thanks. A good reason to pay a little more for the GSM unit.
on the flip side the Ebay one you linked to is also a voice dialler that will ring a list of numbers until you answer and confirm the call, its very easy to miss an alarm text, its harder to miss an alarm voice call. A properly installed and maintained alarm shouldn't false alarm so if your alarm is sounding it doesn't really matter to you what zone it is until you visit the site, a domestic alarm activation should be a priority to you regardless of what a dedicated GSM unit may text you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back