Vokera 24, slow pressure loss problem. help appreciated.

Have to assume its a downstairs leak then sobegan lifting the floor tonight....no leaks at downstairsat the manifold but there is enought room to crawl around under there, i wasnt sure having only moved here 3 months ago....... anyone fancy it ??? :p

Sponsored Links
annemarie said:
Oh dear. And what happens then? New pipes everywhere? Lots of money to be spent?

AM
Check everywhere else for leaks first. Look around for damp patches, check pipes, rad valves, radiators and boiler for leaks.
Unprotected copper pipes in concrete floors are also hotspots for leaks.

Recently had the pleasure:evil: of telling a guy who had spent loadsamoney getting his whole ground floor covered in laminate flooring that somewhere underneath was a serious leak. Fortunately for him he had a clue as to where leak was likely to be and went straight to it

It could be worse, yesterday I went to a job to fit a new oven&hob, and check out his heating system before he moved in.

Check his heating first, condemn it, disconnect, tag and bag.

Drop test - complete drop in less then 30 seconds. erk.

found leak coming from round the pipe rising to existing cooker.... under his nice new (2 days?) tiled kitchen floor.

He starts to complain over price (Which as I was happy about at that point because I was kicking myself for underpricing)..... cap gas supply... tag... walk off job.

he's going to have fun. :evil:

Well checked all radiators but 1, we cant get to it because of a wall under the floor, no leaks found, everything dry as a bone, was plenty of room so 2 of us checked it seperatly to make sure. Now to check this last one we can knock a small hole in the wall and go for it. Sods law says that we will ind someting there. but then again possibly not.

However if i drained the system and looped the flow and return to the radiators downstairs under the floor boards, taking them out of the equasion, filled the system and ran the boiler at low temperature could i prove that there is a leak inside the boiler? This is easy to do because of access and saves alot of time and effort knocking walls down etc.

Still pretty sure leak is not upstairs as surely i would have noticed it by now, Had to refill system about 5 times since initial problem on saturday. How much water are we talking to lose 1.5bar in approx 24-48 hours?

Sponsored Links
depends on teh size of your system... about half a bucket?

I'd check out the boiler internals for leaks before taking it any further

I have had the covers off the front of the boiler and there is not water around it. Is it possible for water to leak from one part of the boiler to another? For example from the heating to the DHW system.
Thanks DarkInferno for all your assistance so far, top man!

nope... the DHW is at a higher pressure... if there was a leak between the two the water would be going the other way ;)

Half a bucket of water over 36 hours isn't a lot.

Check all the boiler internals for any signs of water....any rust.. any unusual staining or crystal buildup... any green on the heat echanger fins...(you have already checked the auto air bleed?)

It may be going out your flue as water vapour if its off the heat exchanger.

Well i was told once, and twice and third time i found out myself!!

Slow leak upstairs above kitchen( roof was bowing slightly this evening). Put screw driver through it and hey presto water !

It is coming direct from a 3 pipe copper manifold which goes to about 10-12mm copper then a plastic fitting to microbore also approx 10mm,

Plumber mate is coming tomorrow but i would appreciate any ideas on how to repair this. Basicall 3 way copper to 12mm microbore.

Cheers and a message to everyone, never say that u cant have a leak! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back