Vokera Boiler Linea 735 Pre Heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a in my room a Vokera Linea 735 Boiler with pre heat function. It switches on every hour or so I think to keep this water warm. It's quite annoying and I wonder what is the optimal solution for this:
- Is this pre heat function going to cost me a lot?
- Is it ok if I turn the boiler off during the night? Will be able to get hot water in the morning when I turn it on again? Is it a bad idea to turn it off?
- The boiler has two options to set the temperature of the water for the taps and the radiators separately...is there anything I could do with that to stop the boiler from switching on during the night?

I'd really appreciate any advise. I don't understand why this boiler uses that pre heat water. All the boilers (even the old ones) gave me hot water in the tap instantly without this function. I wonder what is the reason of this. It seems not a very old boiler.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
theres a jumper on the pcb j6 that disables the preheat.remove that,keep it though

Thanks! So, what would be the difference between this and just turning off the boiler? (Apart from having to manually turn it on again). Would it work better in terms of time to get hot water/etc? I assume if the preheat option is off it will take the same time to get hot water than if it were off.

I'm not an expert and it's not my boiler so I'd want to break something in the PCB.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks! So, what would be the difference between this and just turning off the boiler? (Apart from having to manually turn it on again). Would it work better in terms of time to get hot water/etc? I assume if the preheat option is off it will take the same time to get hot water than if it were off.

I'm not an expert and it's not my boiler so I'd want to break something in the PCB.

Thank you.

Nothing stopping you turning it off ( word of warning, the on/off knob on lineas break very easily). Time to get hw would increase slightly but depending on the size of runs in your house only you can tell.compare that with the money your saving on gas compared to the money on run away cold water (if you have a water meter). You wont break it by removing the jumper.its jp6 to be exact ,googled it to look for a pic for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back