Vokera Combi boiler - Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, this is my first posting so hope it goes well :oops:

I have a Vokera comi boiler and am experiencing a slight problem with it.

[Hot Water] When i turn the temperature above half way on the control, the boiler reaches approx 50 degrees it then cuts out and won't start untill it has cooled for a very short period of time. If the temp is set so it wont exceed 50 degrees, it is fine (not very warm water tho hey?).

[Central Heating] Works fine!? Allways reaches full temp if control set to full. Never 'cuts-out'.

Any suggestions as to the problem with my boiler?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Presumably your comi boiler is a Linea 24?

My first guess would be a partially blocked plate heat exchanger.

But I would want to ask a lot more questions like what does the temperature show when you run 9 li/min of hot water with the DHW temp set at maximum!

Tony

Correct it is the Linea 24, is anymore I could do to help provide more information about the problem?

The boiler is only 5 years old and has been hardly used until this year (house been stood empty majority of the time).

Thankyou for your response.

While you are @ boiler with hot tap running put your hand on the filling lever (used to put water in boiler) as soon as burner goes out turn from 12:00 position to 09:00 position while observing temp display. The display stops reading dhw temp & reads blr temp if it shows around 80 degrees the plate heat ex is blocked

Sponsored Links
I belive this model has a non return valve in the outlet of the secondary heat exhchanger, this or the actual heat exchanger could be blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back