Vokera compact problem

F

Female Plumber

Hi...

I hate to say this but the majority of Vokera technical are useless so I'm hoping you guys who have always helped me can help me again!

I went on a breakdown of a compact HE.. Everything working upto the fan. Boiler fires up when you blow down the longest venture to the air pressure switch! So my instinct tells me it's either venturies need cleaning or the air pressure switch is faulty!!

Vokera told me its the ignition PCB so I swapped that with no joy. When I put a screwdriver between the 2 connections between the air pressure switch it starts up. Could it be the air pressure switch??

Thanks in advance again guys x

Sponsored Links
Why don't you join the CC if your an RGI and you can ask any questions you like.

Hi, I am an RGI.. Thought this was just as good as the CC. But I may put it in there aswell :)

Sponsored Links
The CC is all RGI's or ex ones and you don't have to worry about breaking any rules about gas advice etc.

I hate to say this but the majority of Vokera technical

I wonder if you really mean what you post :eek: Vokera guys are on the ball AT ALL times. There are instances where the line may be busy, but that is rare. Anytime I (as a heating engineer) have had a reason to call them for assistance, the guidance has been spot on.

I know at least one lad there (rest are very good too) and no doubt they would be treating this post as sour grapes or some such.

If the fan is running and APS does not change over, what does that tell you? What would a repair person look at in the first instance? I would be looking at venturin, then the APS followed by PCB.

Incidently, the person offering technical backup can only rely on what information they get from the person in front of the boiler, so when talking to Vokera guys, they say "call me when you are in front of the boiler":cool:

I would phone some guy in Glasgow if I was stood in front of a, one of them. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
It wasn't as much the info the we're giving me it was that they were rude, it was a few instances. I've spoke to guys there before and they've been great so this is just this instant... I'm only saying, no sour grapes... Just my experience with them.

It was the fan by the way... Both guys there said it 100% would not be the fan!! I went with my first instinct!! Lesson learnt!

Female Plumber, Guys there are gold. If you have been treated badly, talk to the manager there, but I think more a case of guy being economical with words.

In my book it does not matter wether the technician wears a blouse or a shirt, it is the ability to carry out the task. Failing that, the will to learn and have a good go at carrying out the task.

BTW, what was wrong with the fan? I have a cat in the garden (crapping there all the time) and curiosity will kill it I hope:cool:

Thanks for everyone's pointers... Will take all info on for if similar happens. Appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back