Vokera Excell 80 SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody!

It seems I am having the same problem as a lot of people have had previously on here with my boiler giving hot water fine as long as the heating is on at the same time, yet without the heating, no hot water! As it's the hottest summer for 30 years i would really like to have a shower.....

Does anyone know of a Heating Engineer in the West Midlands (preferably Wolverhampton) area that they could recommend to come out and look at it for me please? Everyone i've tried so far has said they don't look at this type of boiler. (Is it really that old??)

I'm hoping it's not our incompetence, as we have been in the house 6 months and it seemed to be working fine until summer came, but we don't have any instructions so itr could well be us doing something stupid...it wouldn't be the first time!

If anyone could help i'd be really grateful (and clean and fresh!)

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
Ian, I service these boilers regularly. Your boiler has a perforated diaphragm. A service would normally shows up if the diaphragm is failing, which then gets replaced.

Sad thing is most 'engineer' would rather sell you a new boiler than fix a good boiler. If you do get someone to replace the diaphragm, make sure they clean/ remove old diaphragm residues and also clean the check valve within the manifold.

Thank you very much for this!!! :D I don't suppose you know anyone in my area who's do a proper job do you?!?!

You should be able to get someone locally to do it. But unfortunately I dont know anybody trustworthy in your area.

Its only a small distance outside the area that we cover but the M6 J4-J10 jams would make it totally uneconomic!

Try calling Vokera and ask if they have any local independent service agents. Their staff engineers used to charge a fairly reasonable rate but I am not up to date with their current charges. We would charge £106 inclusive in the London area if thats any help.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hiya Tony! Thank you for you help! Being a complete novice i just go along with whatever the heating bloke/blokess says. Thanks for letting me know a rough cost!

Try b.g. as they have a fixed price repair policy of £132 inc parts or put it on a service contract (to include this repair would be about £23 per month) then £16 per month after 1st year which will include all future breakdown visits & annual service visit.

I would have thought a local Black Country enginer would charge about £96 or less.

Make sure you get a fixed price quotation first because this is a well known and defined repair which any competent engineer will have done before. Use our charges as a yardstick. Its so common that we keep about 5-10 of the parts in stock.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back