Vokera Excell SP 80 - No/Very little hot water - *Resolved*

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems again with my Vokera Excell SP 80 Combi Boiler.

Turn on the hot tap, the microswitch clicks, the fan begins working, but the boiler doesn't 'fire up' - the pilot is lit.

This problem can be a bit intermittant - sometimes it will fire up straight away, other times it can take a few moments before it fires, and then sometimes it won't at all.

When the water heats, it runs hot for about two minutes, then the burners shut off and the water cools again. It can take another few moments to fire up/heat the water again, and sometimes it doesn't at all.

Switching CH to constant doesn't fire up the burners either.

Today, we have changed the DHW diaphragm, but the one we took off wasn't even worn, having only been replaced a few months ago. We have tried operating the microswitch manually - it clicks, and the fan starts up when it clicks, but doesn't fire up the burners.

Dad has removed the flue and venturi (not corgi registered, but competent enough to know what he is doing after years of dealing with his own dodgy V.E. SP80) and cleaned all parts - nothing there, but cleaned out anyway.

Fitted everything back together, and still it doesn't fire up when the hot tap is opened.

Does anyone have any other suggestions/things to look at?

This is a recurring problem, and all the usual fixes (as above) aren't fixing it this time.

I know this is a subject often covered, and I have carried out a search, but many of the thrreads I have found often dont have a resolution, so I'm not sure what has worked or hasn't.

Cheers for any advice offered.

MJ

Sponsored Links
I know what's wrong but you can't go & repair it yourself so you need to call someone in

Well, the boiler is (currently) working again, but I would still welcome hearing what you think is/was wrong with it.

Then, if it happens again, and I do need to get someone in, I can advise accordingly and see if they agree?

Cheers

MJ

EDIT: Something strange has happened - I got replies and posted myself to this thread last night, all of which have since disappeared - is it because the resolution involved working on the flue/venturi?

Sponsored Links
EDIT: Something strange has happened - I got replies and posted myself to this thread last night, all of which have since disappeared - is it because the resolution involved working on the flue/venturi?

yep

but I would still welcome hearing what you think is/was wrong with it.

Then, if it happens again, and I do need to get someone in, I can advise accordingly and see if they agree?

That old chestnut :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back