Vokera Linea 24 cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 24 boiler which fails to ignite when DHW is demanded. If the central heating is on and I demand hot water the boiler cuts out. This is driving me mad, any ideas would be appreciated?

Sponsored Links
Hi Nath, no that's the strange thing, I'm not getting an error code. If I demand hot water with the CH off sometimes it will heat the water but with the CH on as soon as I demand DHW the boiler cuts out!!

check the timer is applying voltage at the PCB (refer to diagram in manual). If that is happening, change PCB.

OR
Follow instruction flow chart in manual.

Trust you have a multimeter and cxan follow wiring diagrams.

Sponsored Links
I own a Linea 28, and have done so for nearly ten years since new. Its only given trouble once and that was the pin on the motorised valve sticking due to ten years of crud build up. Cleaned all the black off them and checked operation and its back on song with brilliant HW. I bought a service kit at £24 but in all honesty just cleaning up the existing parts did the trick. I also put a new diaphragm in but the old one was OK.

Its not the strongest pin assembly and click fits into a plastic ball head that was difficult to 'click' back in.

I'd go through the fault flow chart as well as it might be PCB as that seems ot be the end result of a number of fault indicators, but you'd usually get a fault code i'd have thought.

Alf

Alfredo, rest assured you do not get a fault code if the 240 volts onto the opto isolator fails to illuminate the sensor within. The self check electronics are not initiated to commence a check so no display of fault codes.

Not suggesting PCB should be changed, only that logical checks be made and fault pigeon holed.

Just to complicate things, the boiler now fails to ignite when domestic hot water is demanded regardless of whether CH is on or off??

Just to give you all an update, I changed the DHW thermister and now working like new. Thanks for the replies anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back