VOKERA LINEA 28 C/H WATER TEMPERATURE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) BOILER TYPE: VOKERA
2) MODEL: LINEA 28
3) LAST SERVICED: OCT 2007
4) LAST SERVICE APPEARS TO HAVE AFFECTED THE OPERATION OF THE BOILER.
5) The problem with my boiler is that when the C/H temperature control is at its' maximum setting, the primary water produced by the boiler is 58 DegC and should be around 85 DegC as per the boiler specification. The temperature of the radiators is too low to heat the rooms of my house sufficiently. In October 2007 my boiler was checked and the thermistor on the domestic hot water heat exchanger was changed. The boiler hasn't really been used again for heating until October of 2008 and it is clearly not working as it should. There is a high temperature trip on the primary water circuit but perhaps someone has a similar experience with my problem and can offer some advice.

The man that repaired my boiler was a "part changing expert" and the job was done whilst I was away and my house was rented out. He ran up a considerable bill whilst he changed parts to get the boiler to work again.

Regards

Dyson

Sponsored Links
Was it actually serviced or just had the parts changed?

It seems strange that you have put up with it for this long. Have you not been using HW all this time?

Perhaps the simple things like burner pressure etc would be a good starting point to be checked.

Was it actually serviced or just had the parts changed?

It seems strange that you have put up with it for this long. Have you not been using HW all this time?

Perhaps the simple things like burner pressure etc would be a good starting point to be checked.

Dave

The repair was a callout for a faulty boiler that took ages to repair and a big bill at the end. The gas fitter began by changing parts until he got to the bit that was faulty. My house was rented at that time and the repair was organised by my letting agent. The reason why I've put up with it for so long is because I have only moved back into the house since last Saturday. The boiler though has been running on minimum settings since October to prevent frost damage and a little warmth in an empty house. I have checked this morning and the following occurs and so I'm not sure if it is burner pressure.

1. The boiler c/h temperature control is set at maximum
2. Boiler fires up and the burner switches off at 58 DegC with pump continuing to run
3. Temperature falls to 47 DegC when the burner ignites

On this boiler, the pressures high and low are set only for the domestic hot water. The technical manual states that there is no need to set the pressures for the central heating system.

Regards

Dyson

Does this 58°C REDUCE if you turn the CH control knob down?

A broken knob shaft is a very common fault on this model.

Heavy handed tenants etc.

They can also be reassembled 180° out of position and can give the highest temperature on the minimum setting!

I suggest you need a competent engineer with diagnostic skills!

Tony

Sponsored Links
What is the reading on digi display with HW stat at max and hot tap running full bore?

A broken knob shaft is a very common fault on this model.

Heavy handed tenants etc.

They can also be reassembled 180° out of position and can give the highest temperature on the minimum setting!

I suggest you need a competent engineer with diagnostic skills!

Tony

When I adjust the temperature control knobs for the DHW and C/H they don't do anything. The C/H temperature trips the burner at 58 DegC and reignites the burner at 47 DegC whether the temperature control knob is at minimum or maximum it controls the burner at the same min/max temperatures. I will take the cover off the back of the control modules tomorrow and have a look. Meanwhile I have a heating engineer from a Vokera approved agent coming to service the boiler next Wednesday.

Strongly suspect the control knob shafts are broken.

Make sure that anyone coming has TWO spare knobs with him!

You say he is coming to service the boiler!

Yours needs a repair!

Tony

iirc you can put the knobs on wrong. the boiler then will not heat to maximum.

usually happens if the pcb is changed.

Tony

Thats what I told him on the 11th!

Tony

Thats what I told him on the 11th!

so you did, i can only apologise, i tend to gloss over your bullshit.

Strongly suspect the control knob shafts are broken.

10/10 the control knob shafts were broken and I've repaired them and the boiler is back to normal. Many thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back