Vokera Linea 28 & the "wrong type of gas"

GPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In June 2001 I had a Vokera Linea 28 boiler installed as part of an upgrade to our central heating system.

In May 2002 it failed and a gas valve was replaced under warranty.

In May 2003 it failed for a second time and the same valve was replaced again. The company explained that it was a problem with an additive put into the gas supply in the summer months which caused the valve to seize up. I think they called it "fogging".

Has anybody else experienced similar problems, or had a similar story from the company?

I only ask because it's now June 2005 and guess what, its failed again. (Error code 01, and refusing to reignite) and we face our regular week of life with no hot water and heating.

All advice greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
Go back to Vokera and tell them to sort it or pay for another boiler.

The only thing that goes into natural gas is "Glycol" which is later removed and the smelly stuff.

out of interest have you got the new digital gas meter.

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Gas valves sticking is a major problem.

Possibly the only gas valve that tends not to suffer like this is the Honeywell V4600 or the red and white button valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back