Vokera maxin 28e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Your input would be greatly appreciated.
ok,
Far right knob, hw is set to about half
Next from Rht, Heating is set to off/minimum
Centre, 3 position knob set to off
Clock set to off..
Everything fine as nothing happens like this.....
I set centre 3 pos knob to hw only and boiler fires up fine even if hw taps are off, we get unlimited hw as per usual but rads get hot, even after hw taps are turned off the boiler continues running and rads get hotter and hotter. Rem the rad temp is set to min and selector to hw only also clock is off.
Any ideas plz
Regards
Michael.

Sponsored Links
Get the boiler serviced. Old beastie but will bounce back as you will most likely have several faults
One you list is faulty switch

Having the boiler serviced regularly would usually pick up a leaking part which is most likely causing this problem.

Today I went to a very similar boiler made in 1998 to service it today.

Whilst the diverter valve has been repaired a couple of times the boiler is in very good condition and has the original PCB, pump, fan, gas valve and fan.

Tony

Thx for your replies guys. It was serviced 3 months ago when we bought the house and I believe regularly before that as it was someone's rental property.
Can you tell me which switch might be the problem.
Thx.
Mike

Sponsored Links
It will most likely be the micro switch on the RHS of the diverter valve. That may be faulty, but the diverter valve could also be sticking and not returning to its default position. There a second switch just behind the diverter and that needs checking as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back