vokera option boiler fault light, intermittent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,

The boiler is a vokera option boiler and the problem i'm having is that the red fault light keeps flashing, the boiler works but when I call for hot water or turn on the central heating the boiler fires up for around 10-15 seconds then the boiler shuts down and the red fault light flashes for several seconds, the fault light then turns off the green light on the control knob lights up and the boiler fires again for around 10-15 seconds and then the red fault light flashes again and this repeats.

I'm with British Gas and I have a Homecare policy with them but so far I've had 3 engineer visits and the problem is still not fixed, the second engineer replaced the PCB which has made no difference at all.

can anyone shed light on my possible problem please as the last BG engineer has said he hasn't got a clue whats at fault.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
So far had the PCB, fan and APS replaced and still the red lockout fault light is flashing intermittently, anyone any ideas what component might be the faulty one?

If it helps I heard a what sounded like air escaping from the boiler right before the red light started flashing tonight, sounded just like letting air out of a car tyre, never noticed that sound before from the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back