Ideal Mini HE C28 Intermittent Fault under heavy use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an intermittent fault with my boiler (S/N N024940705).

When the the boiler is asked to come on for an extended period of time, eg heating the house from cold, or running hot water for a long time, the burner goes off. It appears that the fan stays on. After about 30 seconds the middle light (of 3 LEDs) goes red, and the outer two lights remain flashing green.

If the heating is turned off for a few minutes, then put back on the boiler fires back up and may run fine for a while before doing the same fault.

I have followed the troubleshooting in the service manual and read several similar problem posts on here but not really any closer to understanding where the fault may lie.

Can anybody suggest any troubleshooting steps I could take before calling a local engineer.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
One idea - the pressure always seems to be around 2 when it cuts out. I re-pressurised the system recently after a towel rail bleed.

Is there an upper pressure limit set somewhere?

There is nothing that you can do in this situation I'm afraid mate as you need an RGI
the leds are indicating the failed ignition

Matt

Sponsored Links
Thanks Matt.

Any idea what could be causing the flames to go out and give the failed ignition error?

Yes, of course as RGIs we do know al the possible causes.

But we are not permitted to give such information for DIY repairs.

The only advice is to call a compentent RGI.

Tony

Yes, of course as RGIs we do know al the possible causes.

But we are not permitted to give such information for DIY repairs.

The only advice is to call a compentent RGI.

Tony

I appreciate that and have no intention of doing a DIY repair on a gas appliance when I have a family in the house.

Unfortunately I do not know a competent RGI so I will be using someone for the first time. I was hoping to gain a better understanding of the problem so that I can follow what the engineer is doing.

You can find RGIs advertising locally, ask your neighbours, call British Gas or find someone on the Gas Safe web site.

If you want to know whats wrong then ask that RGI when he attends!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back