Ideal MINI C28 - Won't ignite.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! It's cold in here!!! :cry:

Ideal Mini C28, when tap or heating started boiler fan starts up and immediately goes off and trys to re-start, doing this every second. No flame.

No flashing error lamp (lamp states normal)

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a possible APS fault. Needs an RGI to look at it as it is a built in safety device.

Close - there is a print burn out on PCB 2 (ignition sequence) on the NO leg of RELAY RL2 (which is wired around the fan and air pressure switch). Without a schematic it's not easy to establish exact cause of fault but I'm guessing arcing relay contacts has caused a conflict and lead to the burnout.

Anybody got a schematic then :LOL: ?

You dont get circuits of boiler PCBs.

As you suggest its most likely arcing contacts on the fan relay have caused the solder joint on the relay pin to mely.

It means a new PCB unless you can easily source a new 48v relay without having to buy a thousand!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony,

As an electronics engineer I could easily get my hands on a relay.

The problem is almost sorted now, I have repaired the arced track (with a very thin strand of copper - this allows the track to fuse itself). Precautionery readings of all the other pcb components and the AP switch were taken. Boiler fired up nicely and I shall be replacing the relay in due course as a precaution.

I take it they are 48V coils then :?:

Thanks Tony,

Well it says so on the relay can!

Thats a much less common coil voltage and they are often not easily available in small quantities.

If you find a convenient source I might be interested in a few if you email me from my profile.

Tony

Thanks Tony,

Well it says so on the relay can!

Thats a much less common coil voltage and they are often not easily available in small quantities.

If you find a convenient source I might be interested in a few if you email me from my profile.

Tony

Whereas mine are blank!

RS do a 48V Relay with this pin profile (10A contact rating), ref is 492-6754 and they cost £1.20+VAT each.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back