Vokera option pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a vokera option combi boiler...it generally works fine in the summer but when winter comes I have pressure problems. I keep having to top up the boiler. 2 years ago I ended up having the expansion chamber repressurized. Now the problems have started again. Now, knowing where the pressure gauge, is I topped up to 1.5 Mb, bled the radiators and ran the hot water for a while. The pressure gauge is now showing 2.5MB when the CH is running whereas this morning it grudegingling showed 2Mb, who knows what it will show tonight?

My questions are: should I attempt to repressurize the expansion chamber again myself or is this a job for a professional?

Do these boilers like to be running consistently i.e. is my intermittent use of CH to save money causing the problems?

Are these boilers very sensitive to water temp changes i.e when it gets warm one day and freezing the next, do they have problems maintaining the pressure?
thank you.

Sponsored Links
check the faq's regarding repressurising the expansion vessel.

It's only going up 1mbar when hot. not the end of the world. though it might benefit from ev recharge it is ok at the moment.

Option was not the cleverest thing Vokera ever came out with, particularly not showing the pressure guage without removal of front cover.

Probably with that little boiler you have a small system so let pressure be 1mbar cold and it should be fine hot from what you have said. Don't use the prv to reduce it open a bleed valve into a bowl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back