Vokera Vision Boiler heating water but not circulating despite new pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vokera Vision boiler (enclosed system not combi) heats the water up fine (pump and outflow valve get hot) but does not circulate it more than a few inches along the outflow pipe. New pump and new Auto Vent have had no effect. I have manually bled the system of air at the top of the boiler . I have cleaned the TF1 filter outside the boiler so that cannot be causing an obstruction. The new pump (and in fact the old pump) both seem to run fine (light is on and whirring can be felt). There are no error codes. I am wondering if the stop cock valves below the boiler could be faulty as they both drip a bit and the inflow return valve on the left seems to turn without any resistance at all inside. They are definitely in the correct On position. Any thoughts? Could drain boiler again and check if water moving through valves by cracking off boiler-side nuts and turning valves on and off. With dripping I need anyway to replace them - the outflow valve easily because the outflow pipe can be blocked off at the TF1 filter, but the inflow return valve cannot be blocked off easily so I was thinking maybe I could lower the pressure of the whole system to 0 and then change the inflow valve while an assistant blocks off the water from the inflow pipe with thumb and plenty of towels and bucket....

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You got any motorised valves in the system? Or any other valves on the primary pipework that might have been closed due to work on the system?

I have only one motorized valve that opens when the hot water (sink/bath taps) call for it. I have checked this and it is working

Sponsored Links
IMG_3751.jpg

Does boiler work ok when only domestic hot water is called for ,and the hot water cylinder produces hot water for taps ?

This cylinder is called a vented cylinder. There is a pipe (out of view) that goes straight up from the top of the cylinder which I think is the hot water out to taps. The bottom pipe in the pic should be I think the boiler return pipe, but then where is the cold water inlet pipe? And the T junction upon which sits the motorised valve , would it be correct to say the left upright pipe is the Outflow pipe and the right upright is the Return pipe?

Last edited:
Funny thing is that the boiler only heats up (still no circulation) when the hot water supply calls for it. When the Hot water call is switched off and only the CH call is on, the boiler shuts down

Regarding the 2 cock valves under the boiler, I discovered today that the Outflow cock is permanently Open whatever way the cock is turned so will replace that. The Return cock appears to be permanently Closed which ever way the cock is turned , and I say appeared because I could not get any flow from through it but maybe that could be because of a vacuum effect? I am going to replace that Outflow cock, pressurize the system, drain the boiler, turn Off the Outflow cock and then see if I can get any water through the Return cock when Open

Does boiler work ok when only domestic hot water is called for ,and the hot water cylinder produces hot water for taps ?
Did you miss this question ?
It would appear ,from your responses,that there is nothing returning through the boiler ,is that so ?

The other strange thing is when I flushed the Fernox TF1 filter (plumbed into the Outflow pipe) through by Opening the cock above it, it flushed through at great force. However when I tried to flush it through Opening the cock below it (with the cock above Closed) it did flush but with very low volume. Any thoughts?

The boiler does not circulate at all (ie not working ok) when either domestic hot water is called, CH is called, or both are called

Thanks. Hopefully it is the Return cock below the boiler. But regarding the pipework around the cylinder for domestic hot water, is that pipe along the bottom the Return pipe to the boiler or is it the cold water inlet for the tank?

It's connected to the coil / return to boiler.
The cold feed to DHW cylinder will be around the back ( or side)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back