Vokera- Water is lukewarm - radiators fine

Yas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Vokera boiler (not sure what type it is..sorry)..everything was fine until now
Suddenly the water fromt he taps is lukewarm or even cold.Radiators are fine, getting heated up normally but it's the water from the taps which is not hot anymore.
Another strange thing I have noticed.....this wasnt the case before but whenevr the boiler starts now (e.g. when it's turned on for rads or hot water) the ring of fire on my gas cooker reduces....as if from a full power it has gone to simmer.....its like the gas is being used up by the boiler rather than my cooker. or only one of them can use the gas as when i switch the boiler off the gas fire returns to normal...and im sure this wasn't the case before as I have this new cooker /kitchen installed 2 yrs back and everything was fine till now.

I am hoping to gather come info here before calling an engineer or plumber....and not fooled by them......

Please help me I am on my own here as my husband is completely hopeless when it comes to DIY !! :(

Sponsored Links
From the symptoms it could be a problem with the amount of gas going to the boiler. the working pressure of the boiler should be tested at the boiler and meter also it would be worthwhile checking the gas rate. Unfortunately you will not be able to do this yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: Yas
yep you need to be a rgi to do this one.

could be a blockage in the gas pipe, faulty meter reg, undersized pipework (although you saidf it worked OK before so can rule this out probably). you'd need to check working pressure at the appliance and at the meter though to fault find this.

as said before a gas rate check would be worth doing, it'd check the injector(s) were not partially blocked or the gas valve filter (if 1 fitted) is not part blocked etc..

• Thanks
Reactions: Yas
Thank you for such a prompt response.
Yes I guess I would have to call someone qualified to check on it.

Does this job require an engineer or local plumber can do?And how much should I expect to pay him?I knwo this is asking for tooo much ...but I have absolutley NO IDEA ..when it comes to a boiler engineer's charges....so I would appriciate if I just geta range of the costs involved for such work.

While doing my experiments in search of hot water I have discovered that if I keep my radiators ON (heating on) then I do manage to get some hot water!!! strange?? ........... I thot I should mention this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back