Lukewarm Water/Low gas on cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me any pointers as to what the problem might be and whether it's with my Valiant Combi Boiler or my gas supply.

We have just started getting only lukewarm water from the shower and the taps, we can get the taps to run hot but only if we run them slowly. Also we have noticed that when we use the shower or run the hot taps the flame on the gas cooker goes low.

Thank you

Norah

Sponsored Links
That would suggest a supply/ pressure problem and as such should be investigated by a competent gas engineer.It is not a DIY job from what you have described.

Before phoning gas supplier, check the shut off valve (ECV) hasn't been partially shut off by the ironing board or hoover shoved against it, or someone has fiddled with it.

Before phoning gas supplier, check the shut off valve (ECV) hasn't been partially shut off by the ironing board or hoover shoved against it, or someone has fiddled with it.

Sponsored Links
I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress I ...................... :LOL: stupid computer

Checked the Valve and it's still the same so I suppose I had better call the gasman :(

Many thank for your replies

Norah

Still the same as what?
Is the lever on the valve in line with the gas pipe or at a 90 degree angle to it?

The lever is verticle and the water is still lukewarm :(

Regards
Norah

I dont know what you mean by "call the gasman" but just incase you dont know call 0800 111 999 and your problem will probably be sorted free of charge.

Just incase anyone else has a similar problem we had a corgi engineer round and it was the 'Donkin Valve', he called the gas people who came and fixed it very quickly.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Regards Sharon

In this instance if you had followed the advice that picasso gave you then you would not have needed to call and pay your CORGI engineer.

Supply faults are fixed at no cost to the householder!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back