Mira mixer shower lukewarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a mira mixer shower, I'm not sure of the model but I have attached a picture. The problem is the shower is only running lukewarm when temperature gauge is set at full. Hot water fine in the rest of the house and the hot water feed to the shower is very hot to the touch. Shower temperature increases if cold water tap is run in the sink.

I would really appreciate any help, lukewarm showers are driving my heavily pregnant wife crazy!

Sponsored Links
It has all the symptoms of the thermostatic cartridge being knackered but it can be an expensive mistake if I am wrong.

Thanks, Picasso. I think I would take a gamble on the cartridge. Any idea of the model? Searched the web but can't find a matching pic to id it.

What makes you think its a mira shower ? has it got mira written on it somewhere ?

Sponsored Links
No identification marks but I talked to the previous owner and they are sure it's a Mira.

I now think I've been given duff info on the model. I've found a picture of an identical cartridge from an Aqualisa shower for £100. Have to decide if it's worth ordering and hoping it solves issue. Cheers again for help.

Before spending a fortune on a new cartridge, worth:

a. Positively identifying shower make and model.
b. Looking up installation / maintenance instructions.
c. Locate, remove, clean and replace filters if fitted.

Good luck

go on the showerdoc website, send a photo of the shower to their site and they will help to identify it and offer spares
they have a landline number 0131 538 4343

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back