Vokeraoption combination boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My vokera option boiler is letting water out of the overflow,it takes about 1hour for the yellow and red lights to come on . When I top it up they go out ok and the boiler runs fine, could it be the pressure relief valve?
Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Possibly yes but if you lower the bottom facia, inside there on the R/H side you will see the pressure guage (crap design I know) set it at 1.5 Bar with the system cold, run the CH for about 20 mins or so and see if the pressure increases to near 3 Bar if it does, your expansion vessel needs re-charging or replaced

Well lan heating on now for 30mins and still at 1-5 bar (1mark under )and still dripping out of overflow,so does it look like pressure relief valve?

Sponsored Links
Well lan heating on now for 30mins and still at 1-5 bar (1mark under )and still dripping out of overflow,so does it look like pressure relief valve?
yes it does they are easy to change but dont ever use that valve to drain or release pressure from the boiler, us a drain point, if you get dirt on the seating of the valve it will drip, you can usually get away with splitting and cleaning the valve but it is a safety device so unless you know what you are doing just replace it, they are not expensive

If you are replacing it just drain the boiler using the old one , but dont use the new one to drain it or release pressure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back