Volkera Option boiler not firing up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone suggest a solution why my boiler is not firing up?

When I turn on the hot tap the boiler makes a click noise but nothing else. The water flows through fine with no loss of pressure.

I've tried using the Central heating but it does the same but does turns on the ventalation fan and the water pumps round the radiators but doesn't fire up?

The pressure is at 1 bar and there are no LED lights on indicating a problem. I have turned the power off and on to reset it!

Any ideas? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a gas/combustion issue which we dont advise on here.

You may need a competent boiler engineer!

Tony

turning the power on and off wont make a difference to a vokera option the control knob between summer and winter is how you reset this boiler , move the selector knob to off or in the middle position then back to whatever mode you want and boiler will be re-set , look to the neon light on the facia panel and watch what is happening there, as flashing how often or a constant light will tell you what the boiler thinks is wrong but the self diagnosis of this boiler isnt the best to be honest, if you post again what the neon says I can give you a better Idea of what you are looking at but to be honest unless its low system pressure you need to have a gas safe engineer to sort it out for you

Sponsored Links
turning the power on and off wont make a difference to a vokera option the control knob between summer and winter is how you reset this boiler , move the selector knob to off or in the middle position then back to whatever mode you want and boiler will be re-set , look to the neon light on the facia panel and watch what is happening there, as flashing how often or a constant light will tell you what the boiler thinks is wrong but the self diagnosis of this boiler isnt the best to be honest, if you post again what the neon says I can give you a better Idea of what you are looking at but to be honest unless its low system pressure you need to have a gas safe engineer to sort it out for you

I've done what you suggest! The neon lights just flash intermitently every 6 seconds!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back