VOTE ME BOB DOLE FOR NEXT PRIME MINISTER MY 8 PROMISES TO U

B

B.O.B DOLE

1. I will stop all sickness benefits (bad back gangs)
2. I will stop all contractors making you slaves.
3. I will give a min wage of £15.00 an hour
4. I will stop all the city fat cats robbing you.
5. I will abolish the t.v licence.
6. I will bring the house prices down
7. I will end all the council corruption
8. I will send all the scoucers back to ireland

Sponsored Links
1: reduce fuel prices
2: send all illegal immigrants back where they came from
3: all 'speed calming' will be abolished. this will be paid for from what would be spent on making them in the first place.
4: talivans and gatso's will be banned, apart from accident hotspots
5: part P will be abolished
6: being self employed will be made easier (from what i kno of it, its a pain in the arse)
7: DVLA will not be allowed to fine people for no tax if they have tried to pay but were refused because of the DVLA's mistake
8: britian will pull out from bush's pointless wars and will be working in their own country
9: alternative fuels (veggie oil etc) will have no tax charged on them

and ill add more as i think of them

3: all 'speed calming' will be abolished. this will be paid for from what would be spent on making them in the first place.

I take it you persistently exceed the speed limits. This makes you a persistent law breaker and a threat to society, you are therefore liable to be shot without warning.

If you do not persistently break speed limits, why do you have a problem with the cameras?

oilman said:

I take it you persistently exceed the speed limits. This makes you a persistent law breaker and a threat to society, you are therefore liable to be shot without warning.

If you do not persistently break speed limits, why do you have a problem with the cameras?

3: speed calming zones are only there to inconveniance people. in a 30 zone, nice clear open streets, why should i be stuck to doing 10-15MPH just because some ******* think its a good idea to make a speed calming zone. also, the ones where 1 side has to give way to the other (forgot what there called) add to traffic problems. get rid of them and traffic will flow better in those areas.

4: speed cameras changed from a safety feature to a money making scheme once they relized just how much they make from it. this year they estimate to catch 3 million people speeding. thats £180 million pounds. safety, or money?

and yes, i do speed. but only when i can safely do so. i.e nice clear open motorway. me and a few other cars. whats wrong with doin 80? clear open streets, so what if i do 33-35? i can see all around and i have plenty time to stop if a kid runs out. obviously i aint gonna race round doin 40-50 in a small street, full of cars and loads of kids runnin between them

past a talivan the other day. parked behind tree's so you couldnt see it until you were already passing it and by that time its too late. also, it was a 40 zone. now, i was only doin 38 at the time due to the old grandad infront on a 'go slow' and then once he saw the talivan (was coming the other way where you could see the van parked as tho he was up to something) he slammed the brakes on to 23MPH. in a 40 zone. so obviously i had to hit the brakes aswell. and then the car behind nearly hit me. so, please explain how this is imporving road safety

Sponsored Links
3: speed calming zones are only there to inconveniance people. in a 30 zone, nice clear open streets, why should i be stuck to doing 10-15MPH just because some ******* think its a good idea to make a speed calming zone. also, the ones where 1 side has to give way to the other (forgot what there called) add to traffic problems. get rid of them and traffic will flow better in those areas.

They get put in because a significant number of plonkers think it's ok to go at a speed that's way above the limit. Plonkers inconvenience people who are not driving cars. They cost too much to get put in at a whim, though I agree they are not a good solution. As for traffic flow, one of the reasons for calming zones, is to discourage traffic in the first place.

There are benefits to having less traffic, there is more space to go faster, so we'll have some more cameras :D

andy said:
past a talivan the other day. parked behind tree's so you couldnt see it until you were already passing it and by that time its too late. also, it was a 40 zone. now, i was only doin 38 at the time due to the old grandad infront on a 'go slow' and then once he saw the talivan (was coming the other way where you could see the van parked as tho he was up to something) he slammed the brakes on to 23MPH. in a 40 zone. so obviously i had to hit the brakes aswell. and then the car behind nearly hit me. so, please explain how this is imporving road safety

It would be terrible if your car was scatched but hows about the 3,500 people – including 500 children – that are killed on UK roads. every year.

Richardp said:
andy said:

It would be terrible if your car was scatched but hows about the 3,500 people – including 500 children – that are killed on UK roads. every year.

That's a sweeping statement that has absolutely no relevence here. Andy was talking specifically about a 40 mph area. You've brought up every road death annually in the UK, regardless of cause.

TexMex said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
I will send all the scoucers back to ireland
What would you do with all that empty spase in Liverpool. :confused:

i would fill it with all the refugees then fence it all up dig a big moat round it fill with sharks and crocks and rename the city to ?

Lets get this straight,

People who wonder on the road without looking are a law unto themselves. I was driving down my street the other day - doing about 10mph when this kid on this bike just rode straight into the road and straight in front of me, luckily I had seen him coming and could see that he wasnt interested in what was on the road. He is also the same kid i caught throwing stones at a neighbours car the week before. This is one example but im sure that theres a hell of a lot more kids like that around.

That also highlights why housing association should NOT be integrated with new houses as the kids single mother was in a H.A property.

as for the minimum wage of £15 - you would single handedly raise the unemployment level to 5million in the uk by doing that. £5 is stupid enough as it is, cleaners should get paid £2 an hour, people with ambition should get more - simple as. Thats the way the world works, we're not ll equal and never will be.

I would cut off Scotland and Wales from England and let them run themselves - then we would NEVER have a labour government in England EVER EVER!

I'd pull the troops out of Iraq and let them get on with their country themselves.

Remove speed cameras from pointless areas and raise the speed limit on the Motorways to 85mph like in Europe - we live in world where cars can be safe at speeds of 100mph + due to the technology available.

Drop a nucleur warhead on Brussels

Close the borders to immigrants unless they are prepared to work for £2 an hour

clear open streets, so what if i do 33-35? i can see all around and i have plenty time to stop if a kid runs out

Funny how all people who speed in urban areas think this. :evil: It's not just kids, they ride cycles too you know and then there are large dogs, they run a hell of a lot fater than kids! Young hooligans on their mopeds that think they are Valentino Rossi, etc etc. That 5mph may not sound like much but it will do a hell of a lot more damage than hitting something at 30.

My wife was recently hit by a running dog, it weighed 26kg and was probably running at 15-20mph. It broke her leg. What do you think a car will do at 35? :eek:

One day you will have an accident if you dont modify your attitude. They happen when you least expect. I only hope its not a child. :!:

And yes i do speed occasionally on the motorwasy/dual carriage ways but I always stick to the speed limit in red circle limits.

Speeding is not just inconsiderate driving - it contributes to the 36,000 serious injuries and 3,400 deaths that occur on Britain's roads each year. Around two thirds of all collisions in which people are killed or seriously injured (identified in our statistics as KSIs) occur in built up areas where the speed limit means that drivers should be travelling at 40mph or less.

Matt Gloss said:
I was driving down my street the other day - doing about 10mph when this kid on this bike just rode straight into the road and straight in front of me

now, had you have been goin the speed limit of 30 (posibly 20 depending where you were) you would have past well before the brat wandered into the road therefore you wouldnt have nearly hit him

andy said:
Matt Gloss said:
I was driving down my street the other day - doing about 10mph when this kid on this bike just rode straight into the road and straight in front of me

now, had you have been goin the speed limit of 30 (posibly 20 depending where you were) you would have past well before the brat wandered into the road therefore you wouldnt have nearly hit him

As has been said, if you maintain your attitude you WILL have an accident. This is just a bonkers piece of logic. A speed limit is a maximum permitted, not a must-attain-target. If you think getting hit by a car is acceptable, put your hand on the ground, and hit it with a hammer using the other hand, as fast as you can. The hammer weighs much less than most cars, and will be moving a lot slower. You are not permitted to make any exclaimation following the test.

Sponsored Links
Back