VW Golf wiper problem

Bon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just got hold of a cheap run-around Mk 3 Golf Match and the wipers will only work on the "fast" setting. Also when you turn them off they just stop dead in the position they are at when the switch is turned off.

I've accessed the motor's wiring connector and shoved my multi-meter into the terminals. There's a constant 12V when the switch is on the fast setting between 2 of the terminals, but nothing on any of the other terminals at the corresponding settings.

When the switch is turned to the intermitent setting, I can't hear anything clicking either.

Am I right in thinking that it is most likely to be the relay/switch that's goosed. Don't really want to shell out on/mess about fitting a new motor if I don't need to.

Just wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar?

Sponsored Links
its probably the relay knackered.
Position 8 on the fuse box (bottom row, 1 in from the left)

Sorry Brig, can't help you there, but thanks to all the other chaps for their assitance with my problem.

I'll get a replacement relay this weekend and let you know what happens!

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

Just to let those of you that were curious about this that a new relay sorted the problem.

I can now wash/wipe, intermittant-wipe and slow-wipe AND my wipers return to the park position no matter where they are on the 'screen when I turn them off!

:D :D :D :D :D

Back