Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Vehicle Profile:
Year: 1989
Make: Honda
Model: prelude
problems with windshield wiper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi - new here.

we just bought my wife - a '95 vw cabrio - last month.

the wipers just died. I replaced the motor and now the wipers only work on high.. when she turns them off, they stop on the windshield exactly where the motor was shut off. there should be a high/ low & intermittent.

i looked in the chiltons and they give a long repair consisting of the removal of the air bag to get in to change the switch.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. New to working on this vehicle.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
diveman1669 said:
yes and? this is in your profile, i can see it already.

seriously though, if this manual mentions removing the airbag, take it to a reputable garage (the car, that is!). Check the connections on the motor, since you probably caused this problem while changing the motor, this is where the problem is.

Though whats this all about:
Vehicle Profile:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi - new here.

the wipers just died
have the wipers gone on both your cars???

I wouldn't bragg unessecarily about having a 1989 car - the era for design disasters . . . ;) :LOL:

I'd have a look at the wiper relay first. You should hear it click as it's energised if it's ok.

Sponsored Links
diveman1669 said:

Vehicle Profile:

hi - new here.

the wipers just died. I replaced the motor and now the wipers only work on high.. when she turns them off, they stop on the windshield exactly where the motor was shut off.

Thanks!
Just like the old mini ;)

Back