W/M DAEWOO- NOT DRAINING problem AND remedy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep , me again

Faulty dishwasher and washing machine - jees my sink will be busy.

Ok Have DWD 141osd Washer , direct drive 7kg. Not draining.

Waste pipe clear, making normal sounding mechanical noises but intermittantly sings its bleeping tunes and flashes an LED digital code (translates to I'm not happy but not telling you why) and proceeds to remain full o water.

It whirs round and fills etc and starts each programme ok as normal but then pleases itself as to what next.

In short, do we suspect the pump is a gonner ?

thanks for anythin but heaps o questions.... xD

UPDATE

Thought I'd stilll post this even though I have now remedied the problem as it may be helpful to a few single gals out there who like to sort their own probs. out too.

I scooped the water out of the machine , prepared to stem a flood with towels and undid the pump access cover (the twisty cap behind the flap on the front of most machines at the bottom) water came forth - loads of it but a hand in the hole and I pulled out 2 wee little socks seemingly the culprits for the blockage !!.

just on a test rinse and drain now but feeling hopeful, if not a bit soggy....

good luck with yours

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back