Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yep the bearings have gone

drum waggles up and down

so its new bearings time

so 2 questions

1) where can i get the Bearings

2) is there such a thing as a exploded diagram aviable for this machine so i've got a chance of putting it all back together

keen D.I.Y Mechanic so not worried about taking it apart

just worried about putting it back together :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
if it's got a steel drum then you need a good torx40 bit to remove the drum spider and the flywheel nut. when you drive out the bearings you will see that they are normal ball race type available anywhere. the seal however may be a bit more tricky as it has an external gasket attached to mate with the face of the tub. it is avaiable as a spare part.
i've recently bought a complete spider with bearings etc fitted for £12 trade. i don't know the retail price.
if it's got a plastic drum then it's a lot more awkward.

the general rules for reassembly is
plenty grease on the bearings. pack the space between the front bearing and the seal. locate the seal in the housing with a smear of silicone.
smear all seals and gaskets with silicone and reassemble exactly as you dismantled it.
i've probably overlooked something obvious like if the drum spindle is badly worn or the bronze seal ring is damaged then you'd have to replace that too.

thanks
it's a Metal Drum
got Torx bits so no worries on that score
going to strip it today then try and find the Seal
Bearings if there nowt special i can get locally

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back