Wall bath mixer tap connection problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to install a wall mounted bath mixer tap, the problem is that they seem to all come with 150mm centres for the pipes, and my pipes are 200mm centres. The pipes just come through the wall, there is no backplate installed behind.

We've explored removing the tiles and re-centering the pipes, but they are huge tiles and we'd pretty much have to take the entire wall down, so a no go there.

Next idea was to get some mounting brackets, pictured below, and combine with an offset dog leg, but for the life of me I cannot work out a way to make it all join together.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

James

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 07.01.02.png
bar-shower-40mm-cranked-offset-connector-72000202-5824.png
vema-maira-wall-mounted-bath-shower-mixer-chrome.jpg

IMG_9083.jpeg

Sponsored Links
That’s because you’re trying to get x2 male ends to link together, you need to try and obtain some female ends, only thing I can find is a female compression coupler 15mm x 1/2”.

Thanks Chris. I'd had a look at that but thought by the time it was all fitted together the tap would be miles off the wall. Is there a solution you can think of to bridge that gap? Anyone know of a female to male offset?

Painful as it is, The best way will be to retile. It should look really smart if done properly but if you cobble some bodge together it will probably look carp and will always be there nagging at you.

Sponsored Links
The key question is, why was it fitted that way to start with? Looking at the pic that looks like a new installation? What was planned to go in there to start with?

As a solution I'd look to get a chrome/SS plate made up with 150mm centre's pre-cut or drill out, cut out a section of tile to allow the pipes to be moved and then fit the plate over it and then use the fitting kit.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back