Plumbing in a mixer shower and bath connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
The missus has been nagging me for a mixer shower and P bath.
Our old bath has the taps under the window, so we had to go for a right hand P bath.
This will be on the opposite wall facing, behind the door.
My dilemma is plumbing it in and how to go about it, i can solder pipe etc, but it where to run the pipe and then finally connect up.
I am thinking of running pipe work from my existing feeds on the original pipework at 150mm centres under the bath, up to the mixer shower soldered connections with an isolation valve on each, but this is where i am getting frustrated, then i have to make connections to the bath taps with seperate isolation valves on the same run but they also will be at 150mm centres, so what is the best way to connect these pipes, as shower pipes and bath pipes will be to close to each other?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bath taps would be 180mm centres ,and many mixer valves are 150 mm ( but not all ). Route pipes to avoid baths feet horizontally ,bring up at 180 mm centres ,to align with tap holes. At any convenient position on horizontal runs ,T into and run two feeds to shower at whatever centres ,150 maybe. Hope that makes sense. I assume you are taking the shower pipes into the wall at some point lower than the bath rim.

Hi Terryplumb
Yes m8 I am taking the lower pipework into the wall at 150. The missus picked the mixer tap for the bath and it was saying it was 150 centre, thats what confused me, must have been a typo error.

Thank You for your helping me out.

Best Regards

The holes in the bath are 180 mm apart. So in the unlikely event that you have a mixer tap for the bath that has its tails at 150 mm it ain't gonna fit !! Probably a misprint as you say ,but these days with internet purchases from around the globe , nothing surprises me. Maybe bath taps from Tibet are 150 mm centres as standard. Who knows !! Regards terry

Sponsored Links
Use these, instead of standard ballofixes...

https://www.bes.co.uk/lever-operated-isolating-valve-black-handle-15mm-chrome-23660

You'll thank me for it one day :sneaky:

I would suggest lever valves but space sounds like its tight! You could T off the main feeds further up the pipes (under the bath) where you have more room to add your connections and then just have 2 unfettered pipes in the vicinity of the bath taps, going into the wall and up to the mixer.

the mixer tap for the bath and it was saying it was 150 centre

It may be a 150mm centre mixer but it then sits on offset leg pillars that are angled in from 180mm to 150mm for the bath deck. Just check what you have first to get the pipework right

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back